Ichumbi Gorilla lodge is an accommodation facility for your Uganda gorilla trekking safari. It is located just 10 minutes away from Rushaga gate of Bwindi impenetrable national park. The pleasant and quiet lodge is committed to making your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda go smoothly as it offers excellent service, comfortable accommodation options and the staff are always happy to provide excellent services. It is no wonder the name is called Ichumbi – which means “a cool comfortable home”.
The main activity in Bwindi impenetrable national park is gorilla trekking and Ichumbi gorilla lodge is a comfortable and pleasant lodge that will offer you great service as you get ready to meet the the mountain gorillas of Bwindi forest.
Accommodation at Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
The Lodge has 9 self-contained cottages that offer guests relaxation with their comfortable beds and clean linen beddings. The cottages are set next to flower gardens and trees offering guests a serene and tranquil atmosphere while on their gorilla trekking trip in Uganda. The cottages feature a balcony with outdoor sitting furniture where guests can sit and enjoy the stunning views of Bwindi forest, sunset and the surrounding nature. The balcony and the room is separated by glass doors that allow enough light in to the cottages. The cottages have been designed and furnished with local beautiful materials sourced from the local community some of the materials are handmade.
The lodge caters for families and group travellers as it has some cottages that are inter joined. These cottages are large and spacious with en-suite bathrooms providing families and groups privacy and comfort while on their gorilla trekking safari in Bwindi impenetrable national park.
Facilities and Services
- The lodge has a main house sited on top of a hill and well stocked bar that offers guests both soft and hard drinks. Relax and order for a glass of wine and take in the views from the main house area.
- The restaurant offers delicious meals that are well prepared by the kitchen. Some of the meals at the lodge are prepared with fresh local produce.
- The bar has recharging facilities at the central area provided for guests to re charge their phones, camera batteries, laptops and other portable electronic devices.
- The lodge offers laundry services.
- Evening Camp fire
- Parking yard
Activities to do near Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
- Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Gorilla habituation experience
- The Batwa cultural experience
- Community walks
- Bwindi forest walk
- Bird watching
- Butter fly watching
Getting to Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge
You can get to the lodge by road or by air.
If traveling by road the Rushaga sector in Bwindi impenetrable national park is a full day’s drive from Entebbe or Kampala. It takes approximately 9 hours. Drive from Kampala – Mbarara – Kabale – Muko – Rushaga.
By air with the light- air craft flights, it takes about an hour and a half to the Kisoro airstrip. You will then be transferred to Ichumbi lodge – it is short distance but takes about an hour because of condition of road.