Twin lakes safari Lodge is a beautiful accommodation located in serene surroundings of the magnificent Bunyaruguru crater area overlooking Queen Elizabeth national park with views of beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The lodge boasts of its breathtaking views of the park with Lake Edward, Lake George, the Rwenzori mountains. These views of the park and many more prove that Queen Elizabeth national park is indeed the “medley of wonders”.
You will want to include a visit to Queen Elizabeth national park while on your Uganda safari as it offers a range of activities and attractions. Enjoy a game drive with views of the explosion crater lakes surrounded by the green hills, sprawling savanna, wetlands, the beautiful sunsets over the Kazinga channel, and the Ishasha plains famously known for the tree- climbing lions of Queen Elizabeth national park.
Accommodation at Twin Lakes Safari Lodge
The lodge is comfortable with well-trained staff. It has 8 cottages with en-suite bathroom that have flush toilets, hot showers and bathtubs. The comfortable wooden beds and linen offer guests the much needed rest. The cottages have been designed with an African touch in mind with local materials sourced from the community which includes the grass thatched roof and unique African mat ceiling. Each cottage has a private veranda with cozy furniture where guests can sit, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of Queen Elizabeth national park and surroundings.
The cottages are well lit and the lodge has twin rooms, single rooms, a family room, double room and two luxurious honey moon suites. Extra beds can be added in the cottages at a fee. The lodge can accommodate up to 20 guests.
Facilities and Services
- The lodge has a fully stocked bar with different kinds of drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). The order is based on what the guests’ desire and the staff is always available to attend to the guest’s needs.
- Room service at the lodge is on call. They also offer wake up calls so that guests can have their early morning coffee delivered to their cottages before their day starts.
- Each cottage has bottled water for guests.
- The restaurant at the lodge offers a menu providing both local and international cuisine.
- The main lounge area at the lodge features comfortable sofas.
- Hot and cold running water.
- Wi- Fi available at the lodge.
- Binoculars are available at the reception on request.
- A safe is available at the reception for valuables.
- The lodge has security present at the premises 24 hours a day.
- Guided Game drives in Kasenyi plains
- Launch Cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura gorge or Kalinzu forest Reserve
- Forest walk in Maramagambo forest
- Guided nature walks
- Tree – climbing lions of Ishasha
- Traditional dance
- Barbecue(BBQ) nights
- Explosion Craters drive
- Cultural and community encounters
You can get to the lodge by road or by air.
If travelling by road the journey takes 6 hours via Masaka road.
By air with the light- air craft flights, it takes about an hour and a half to the air field near Twin lakes safari Lodge.
April – May rainy season
June- September peak season
August – December Prime dry season