Sipi River Lodge is a luxurious accommodation facility that provides comfort and relaxation while on your Uganda safari. With its well-built cottages and bandas, boasting of an amazing view of the Kapsurur Falls (one of the three Sipi waterfalls) one is assured of a great stay in Uganda. Sipi River Lodge is situated on private grounds overlooking some of the famous Sipi Water Falls that are found in Kapchorwa district. The stunning views of the water falls are a major tourist attraction in Eastern Uganda.
The lodge offers the best Arabica coffee, sourced from the local farmers that grow the crop in the area. A coffee tour can be arranged by the lodge. This is a highly recommended activity that exposes guests to the process of planting, harvesting and roasting of the crop.
Accommodation at Sipi River Lodge
The lodge offers a number of accommodation facilities which include cottages and bandaswhich feature comfortable wooden beds, warm beddings and sofas. The bandas have private verandas where guests can sit, relax and enjoy magnificent scenery after a long day. The design in the cottages and bandas has an African touch to it. There are three comfortable, private and quiet cottages that provide a peaceful environment for guests while on your Ugandan safari.
When booking, you can let us know if you would be interested in sleeping in any one of these cottages. These cottages are en-suite.
The Chepkui cottage particularly, and the annex is perfect for families and large groups of people travelling together as it can accommodate up to 5 guests. The cottage and annex are all en-suite.
The lodge also has beautifully crafted grass thatched bandas with round walls that were inspired by the local architecture. The bandas offer stunning views of the riverside and one can fall asleep to the relaxing sounds of the waterfall. Toilet and shower facilities in the bandas are shared.
Facilities and Services
- The lodge has a comfortable and cozy lounge where guests can sit and read a book as they take in the beauty of the lodge.
- The open veranda offers a perfect relaxation for guests especially in the mornings and evenings. The veranda offers comfortable sitting furniture.
- A well-stocked bar is available at the lodge. Guests can decide to order drinks and relax after a day’s activity
- Hot shower facilities are available at the lodge
- The kitchen offers excellently prepared meals which include tasty breakfast, well-prepared lunch and 3 course dinner
- The main house which has a dining area with a wood fire which is set up in the evenings for extra warmth
- The lodge has 24 hour security personnel in place
- Staff is available at the lodge to make the guests stay comfortable
- The lodge offers afternoon tea that is served with cakes that are freshly baked by the kitchen staff
- Coffee tour
- Elgon Trekking
- Runners Experience
- Fly Fishing
It is a four and a half hour drive from Kampala, the capital of city of Uganda to Sipi. The drive is to the eastern part of Uganda via Jinja – the adventure capital of East Africa. If interested you can stop over at Jinja for some activities before continuing your journey to Sipi. You then continue to Mbale town and to Kapchorwa district where the Sipi Falls are found.
Please note that Sipi River Lodge is open all year round.