Park view safari lodge is a mid-range accommodation located in the Kyambura area overlooking the Queen Elizabeth National Park. The lodge is an ideal accommodation option for guests on their Uganda safari as they explore the “medley of wonders”. The lodge feature beautiful African grass thatched cottages that offer guests the ideal accommodation while on their Uganda Safari.
Queen Elizabeth national park is the perfect place to visit while on your Uganda safari as it offers a range of activities and attractions. The park is referred to as the “medley of wonders” and this is evidenced by the beautiful views the park offers of the Ruwenzori mountains, the parks’ vistas which include a number of explosion crater lakes surrounded by the green hills, sprawling savanna, wetlands, the beautiful sunsets over the kazinga channel, and the Ishasha plains famously known for the tree- climbing lions of Queen Elizabeth national park.
Accommodation at Park View Safari Lodge
The lodge has lush grass thatched en-suite cottages that are beautiful and offer guests a real feel of an African safari. The cottages were built using natural materials some of which are sourced from the surrounding local communities and are fitted with canvas so as to blend with the surroundings. The beds are made of wood with clean linen beddings and mosquito nets are hung on to the beds. There is availability of hot and cold running water in the cottages so guests can take a shower at whatever time they desire. The cottages also contain bath tubs and showers. Each cottage has a wooden deck with stunning views of the savannah.
The lodge also has standard rooms which offer affordable accommodation for price sensitive guests at the lodge. The standard rooms are well built and provide comfortable accommodation for the guests. These rooms also have hot and cold shower. The cottages at Park view safari lodge are all surrounded by beautiful gardens.
Facilities and Services
- The lodge has a fully stocked bar with wines, whiskies, cocktails not forgetting the magnificent view of the savanna from the bar area. Guests can relax at the bar after the day’s activities as they sip on a refreshing glass of wine. The order is based on what the guests’ desire and the staff is always available to attend to the guest’s needs.
- Room service at the lodge is on call. They also offer wake up calls so that guests can have their early morning coffee delivered to their cottages before their day starts.
- The restaurant at the lodge offers a menu providing both local and international cuisine prepared by the well-trained chefs at the lodge. The restaurant is elevated hence offering a spectacular view from the top while guests are having their meals or at the bar.
- The swimming pool provides guests with an option to relax and un wind after their game drives, chimpanzee trek, birding or any other activity. Towels are provided at the pool and the pool area has beach chairs.
- The library at the lodge features an extensive collection of books mostly about conservation and Queen Elizabeth national park so you can choose to indulge in some literature while on your Uganda safari.
- The lodge has a massage parlor for guests and also provides sauna and steam bath.
- Laundry services are present at the lodge as well as Wi-Fi connection in case guests need to access the internet.
- The lodge caters for conferences, workshops, seminars, large meeting with its conference hall that has all necessary equipment for such functions.
- Don’t forget to pass by the gift shop at the lodge while on your Uganda safari and get yourself some locally made African products.
- Game drives in Kasenyi plains
- Launch Cruise on Kazinga Channel
- Chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura gorge or Kalinzu forest Reserve
- Forest walk in Maramagambo forest
- Tree – climbing lions of Ishasha
- Explosion Craters drive
- Cultural and community encounters
If travelling by road the journey takes 6 hours via Masaka road.
By air with the light- air craft flights, it takes about an hour and a half to the air field in Queen Elizabeth NP.