Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is located in the south of the Bwindi impenetrable forest national park which is well known as the home to the gentle giants – the mountain gorillas. The lodge has African styled cottages that offer guests the perfect experience of Bwindi impenetrable national park while on their gorilla trekking safari. With incredible, pleasant and breathtaking views of Bwindi impenetrable forest, the great Albertine rift valley and the spectacular Virunga volcanoes the lodge is the ideal place to stay as you await to meet the mountain gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable national park.
The main activity in Bwindi impenetrable national park is gorilla trekking. Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla lodge will offer you a comfortable and cozy environment as you get ready to meet the gentle giants of Bwindi. The lodge has great facilities and services to offer you while on your gorilla trekking safari and incredible staff that are committed to making your stay at the lodge unforgettable. The lodge is located within the local community hence guests who are interested can visit the community and get a feel of the culture of the surrounding communities.
Accommodation at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge
The lodge has 12 well-designed exquisite cottages that provide guests with comfort. The cottages are named according to categories that are the Virunga terrace rooms, the garden cottages and the two bedroom villa.
The 6 Virunga terrace rooms feature en-suite bathrooms and a front terrace that has outdoor furniture for guests to sit, relax over a glass of wine or coffee/tea as they enjoy the unbeatable and spectacular views of the Virunga volcanoes. The rooms have comfortable beds with clean bed linen. They are well crafted with most materials used for furnishing being handmade. They also feature a wooden closet that has ample space for storing guest’s belongings.
The 4 private garden cottage rooms feature a fire place for cold nights. They also have a veranda with outdoor furniture and the interior of the rooms is beautiful with its well-designed furnishing. The windows are large giving guest’s views of the green gardens on the outside from the comfort of their room.
The two bedroom villa has a veranda with incredible views as it overlooks Bwindi impenetrable forest. The bedroom villas are ideal for families and guests travelling in groups as each room has a sitting room, a fire place and can accommodate 4 people at once. The independent rooms in the villa can be connected.
Facilities and Services
- The main area of the lodge offers guests well-prepared homemade meals at the restaurant and the main area bar offers guests a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Don’t forget to have some freshly baked bread offered by the lodge at breakfast and dinner.
- The lodge has a coffee shop in the main area in case guests want to enjoy a freshly brewed cup of coffee anytime in the day.
- The lodge has an incredible and friendly staff that is available to attend to the guest’s needs and make sure that their stay at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla lodge is fantastic.
- The lodge has free Wi-Fi internet just in case guests want to check email or update their social media about their exciting safari experiences.
- Security guards present at the lodge.
- Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi impenetrable national park
- Hike & Canoe – Kisoro, Lake Mutanda
- The Batwa cultural experience
- Nkuringo Community and culture walk
- Hike through Bwindi impenetrable forest
- Bird watching
- Butter fly watching
You can get to the lodge by road or by air.
If travelling by road Nkuringo is approximately 550 km away from Kampala- the capital city of Uganda which takes about 8-9 hours.
By air: With the daily scheduled flights, it takes about an hour and a half to Kisoro airstrip next to Bwindi impenetrable national park. On arrival at the airstrip the assigned driver picks the guests up and then transfers them to the beautiful Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla lodge.