Eagle’s nest is a budget accommodation facility bordering the small and tranquil Lake Mburo national park 10 minutes from the park entry gate. Set on top of a hill the lodge is a great place to stay while on your Uganda Safari. The tents on top of a hill offer guests spectacular views of the expansive savannah landscape, the surrounding nature and the beautiful sunrise and sunset in Uganda.
Lake Mburo national park has several species of mammals and birds. The park is the smallest national park in Uganda but is rich in diversity of plants and animals and expansive savannah land, rocky outcrops , lakes, forests, bushy thickets, swamps. While on your Uganda safari at Lake Mburo national park you will engage in a number of activities as you look out for animals that are found in the park. These include zebras, impala, eland, bush pigs, hyena, Oribi, reed buck, buffalo, waterbuck, topi, warthog.
Accommodation at Eagle’s Nest
Eagle’s nest has 12 safari tents that are set on top of a hill overlooking Lake Mburo national park. The lodge has tents that have a private bathroom and shower and the others have shared facilities which are a cheaper option.
The tents are spacious and made of canvas which is able to let in fresh air but still keep away insects; they feature two single beds with clean and warm bed linen. Each safari tent has a veranda with cozy furniture set on the veranda so guests can sit and relax outside the tent as they take in the beauty of Lake Mburo national park and the surrounding nature. The en-suite bathrooms at the back of the tent are well designed with showers and hot water and a new eco-friendly toilet system.
Facilities and Services
- The staff at the lodge is friendly providing a wonderful African safari experience in Uganda.
- The dining area at the lodge is outdoors and it offers guests 3 course meals (soup, main, dessert).
- The main lodge has charging stations in place incase guests need to recharge their phones, cameras and other electronic devices.
- The staff set up a wood fire every evening where guests can relax and reminisce on their Uganda safari experiences.
- The lodge offers laundry services for guests in case they need their clothes to be washed.
- Solar powered energy
- The lodge has security personnel present at the premises 24 hours a day.
- Guided Game drives in the park
- Night game drives as you look out for some of the nocturnal animals
- Boat trip
- Walking Safaris
- Cultural experiences
It takes 4 hours from Kampala – the capital city of Uganda to Lake Mburo national park by road/car. Eagle’s nest is located 10 minutes away from the park entry gate. From Sanga gate the signposts will help direct you to the lodge.