Buhoma lodge is found in Bwindi impenetrable national park famously known for its’ gorilla trekking in Uganda. The lodge is situated 5 minutes away from the briefing area at the entrance of the park.
The lodge offers you a true jungle experience while on your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda with beautiful sights of the forest cover and singing from the different bird species which call it home. The main activity in Bwindi impenetrable national park is gorilla trekking and Buhoma lodge will offer you a comfortable and cozy environment while on your Uganda safari.
Accommodation at Buhoma Lodge
The lodge has 10 spacious and comfortable chalets which offer you comfort and luxury while on your gorilla trekking safari. Some of the materials that were used to build the chalets were sourced from the locals in the surrounding communities. Each chalet has a private veranda with outdoor furniture where guests can sit over a glass of wine as they take in the wonderful views of the thick green vegetation and canopy of Bwindi impenetrable forest national park.
Each chalet has a large comfortable bed with an en-suite bathroom and a flushing toilet. The chalet has a unique stone built rain shower with supply of hot water. The chalet’s bathroom has amenities like shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, bathing soap, washing powder. Some of the chalets at Buhoma Lodge offer a bath-tub for relaxation.
In case you need to keep your valuables secure the lodge provides a secure safe in the chalet. The lodge also has a family /honey moon chalet that is perfect for families on safari and group travellers as it features an open fire place and spacious lounge room.
Facilities and Services at Bwindi Lodge
- The lodge has an open air lounge and well stocked bar that offers guests both soft and hard drinks.
- Tea / coffee is available throughout the day at the restaurant. The lodge also delivers early morning wake up calls to the chalets as required.
- The restaurant offers four course meals prepared by the excellent kitchen staff with some ingredients directly sourced from the community.
- The lodge offers free Wi-Fi.
- The bar are has recharging facilities at the central area provided for guests to re charge their phones, camera batteries, laptops and other portable electronic devices.
- Guests staying overnight at the lodge are offered a complimentary massage per stay by the lodge’s trained in house masseuse which is a nice way to relax and let loose after the day’s activities.
- Each chalet has a private telephone service for the guests just in case room service is needed.
- The lodge has a curio shop with local community made crafts; most of the crafts at the curio shop are handmade.
- The water supply at the lodge is gravity fed.
Activities to do when staying at Buhoma lodge
- Gorilla Trekking
- Batwa cultural experience
- Buhoma community walk
- Bwindi forest walk
- Bird watching
- Butter fly watching
- Biking in the highlands and through the surrounding communities
You can get to the lodge by road or by air.
If travelling by road the Buhoma sector in Bwindi impenetrable national park takes approximately 8 hours to drive from Kampala. Kampala – Mbarara – Rukungiri – Kihihi and then Buhoma.
By air with the light- air craft flights, it takes about an hour and a half to the air field in Kihihi. On arrival you are transferred from the airfield to Buhoma lodge which is a 45 minutes’ drive.
Bwindi forest is a rain forest and can be visited at any time during the year but being a rain forest it can rain at almost any time throughout the year. The rainy seasons are from mid-September to November and March to May. The hottest months are January and February when the average day time range is 24-33oC.