This trip with take you deep to the impenetrable forest for an opportunity to see a gorilla family in Bwindi impenetrable forest interacting with each other. After that wild experience, tour Lake Mburo National Park and complete your Ugandan safari as you enjoy sights of zebras, Buffaloes, Antelopes, Elands and several bird species.
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable forest
- Boat ride in Lake Mburo National Park
- Igongo Cultural Museum
- Photo session at the Equator
Day 1: Welcome to the Pearl of Africa
A representative of Kagera Safaris will be eagerly waiting to receive you on your arrival at Entebbe international airport to transfer you to your hotel. Experience the breeze coming from Lake Victoria – the second largest fresh water lake in the world and is the source of River Nile playing an important role in the ecosystem of Africa.
Meal plan – Dinner
- Up market – Kampala Serena
- Mid-range – Cassia lodge
- Budget – Apricot Guesthouse
Day 2: Transfer To Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Today we leave for the home of gentle giants in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park for the Ultimate gorilla safari experience. The drive through the countryside is rewarding, with a stopover at the Equator monument for photos and souvenir shopping.
You will arrive at your lodge later that evening and you check in read y for tomorrows adventure in the impenetrable forest.
Journey time – 8 hours
Meal plan – Breakfast, lunch & Dinner
- Up market – Buhoma Lodge
- Mid-range – Haven lodge
- Budget – Buhoma community rest camp
Day 3: Gorilla tracking Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Wake up early in preparation for an amazing day with the gentle giants of Bwindi. Today you will leave early morning from your lodge ready for life time experience in the presence of the endangered mountain Gorillas. This by far will be the high light of your Uganda/Africa safari.
After breakfast,your driver guide will transfer you to the briefing point to meet with the ranger guide and other people present for the gorilla trek. The ranger guide will share gorilla trekking tips and how you ought to behave in the forest. Trek through the impenetrable forest in search of the mountain gorillas, a unique and fulfilling experience like no other. Once your guide sites the gorillas, he will lead you to them and you have one hour to observe them before starting the trip back to starting point.
Day 4: Lake Mburo national park
After the exhilarating experience in Bwindi Impenetrable forest, we start journey to the calm and beautiful Lake Mburo National Park nestled between cattle keeping communities of the Nkore people. The journey will again be through the rolling hills of Kigezi. Enjoy the calm nature of this park as you watch the Zebras and antelopes graze and you in turn rest from the previous days gorilla trek. Take a boat trip of Lake Mburo and retire later that evening to your lodge.
Journey time – 4,5 hours
Meal plan – Breakfast, lunch & Dinner
- Up market – Mihingo Lodge
- Mid-range – Rwakobo Rock
- Budget – Eagles Nest
Day 5: End of your Ugandan Gorilla and Wildlife Safari
Today you end your Uganda holiday with a short game drive before you embark on your return journey to Kampala, and proceed to Entebbe international Airport or to your hotel. Have a stopover for lunch at the Equator, and enjoy picture sessions in both the northern and southern hemispheres.
Gorilla trekking tips
- Mountain gorillas sometimes nest far from the start of your gorilla trek, you should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Bwindi being a tropical forest, it can rain anytime so we encourage you to carry a rain poncho
- Waterproof walking shoes or hiking boots are essential.
- Gardening gloves for protection against stinging plants
- Long trousers and long sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.
- Gorilla tracking permit
- Park entrance fees
- Boat ride
- Ground transport
- Bottled water in the safari vehicle
- Full board accommodation for two nights
- Service of an English-speaking driver guide
- All mentioned activities except for the optional ones
- Extras at the accommodation i.e. drinks, telephone, laundry etc.
- Tips to porters and driver/ guide