Rwakobo rock is a peaceful and eco-friendly hotel and restaurant located on the boundary of Lake Mburo national park. The lodge features spacious cottages that offer guests relaxation and privacy while on their Uganda Safari in Lake Mburo national park. It is usually an addition while on a gorilla trekking tour to Bwindi impenetrable national park or back from there.
The lodge is located 1.5 km from the Nshara gate of Lake Mburo national park which is off the Masaka – Mbarara highway. You will often pass by the beautiful Ankole cattle feeding in the government owned Nshara ranch. Lake Mburo national park is the smallest Savannah national park in Uganda but is rich in diversity of plants and animals and expansive Savannah land, rocky outcrops, lakes, forests, bushy thickets, swamps.
Accommodation at Rwakobo rock
Rwakobo rock is hidden on a scenic outcrop with magnificent views of the extensive Savannah landscape, the sunrise and sunsets in Uganda. The 8 thatched cottages are designed and well-built to offer guests a memorable African safari in Lake Mburo national park. The cottages are spacious with wooden comfortable beds that have clean bed linen. The cottages are also well lit with solar lighting. Flush toilets and solar heaters are also available at the cottages. Set around the hill with the rocky ledges, the cottages offer guests privacy to take in the beauty of the surrounding area.
The lodge has the “Horn bill house” which has self-contained rooms which is perfect for families and groups of travellers. The “Horn bill house” is a thatched building that has been recently built and has 5 bedrooms each with their own en-suite.
Rwakobo rocks also offers lazy camping safari tents for budget travellers that are very comfortable with good services. These are perfect for guests interested in a bush experience. Rwakobo rock offers double rooms, “The Horn bill house”, twin room, single rooms and a family cottage.
Facilities and Services
- The lodge has a well-stocked bar with a range of wine, soft drinks and Uganda beers. While at the bar just make your order and the staff will be ready to serve you.
- The restaurant at Rwakobo rock offers delicious homemade food that is well prepared by the head chef and team. The restaurant is set on an elevated location so it offers guests scenic views of Lake Mburo national park and is close to a water hole which attracts many animals so as you guests have their meals they might sight zebra, impala and bush buck. From a set menu to a buffet style, breakfast ,lunch and dinner is served in the main lodge area.
- The swimming pool at the lodge offers spectacular views of the savannah landscape as it overlooks the valley. Guests can choose to relax at the pool area or take a swim in the pool.
- The main lodge has charging stations in place incase guests need to recharge their phones, cameras and other electronic devices.
- The staff at the lodge set up camp fires every evening where guests can relax and reminisce on their Uganda safari experiences.
- Solar powered electricity
- Wi- Fi available at the lodge
- The lodge has securitypersonnel present at the premises 24 hours a day.
- Guided Game drives in the park where you look out for Zebras, Impala, Eland, Bush pigs, Hyena, Oribi, Buffalos, Waterbucks, Topis, Warthogs.
- Night game drives as you look out for some of the nocturnal animals
- Boat trips
- Walking Safaris
- Cultural experiences
- Guided cycling trips
It takes 4 hours from Kampala – the capital city of Uganda to Lake Mburo national park by road/car. Rwakobo rock is located about 8km from the main road and 1.5 km from the Nshara park gate.