Mweya safari lodge is a luxury lodge located in Queen Elizabeth national park which we hope you get to include on your Uganda Safari. Queen Elizabeth national park has beautiful views of the Ruwenzori mountains, explosion crater lakes surrounded by the green hills, sprawling Savannah, Wetlands, and boat trips on Kazinga channel. The park has the Ishasha plains with acacia trees where the famous tree- climbing lions like to hang.
The lodge is located on a peninsula in the heart of Queen Elizabeth national park offering guests a serene, relaxing and luxurious experience while on their Uganda safari. It is located above the Kazinga channel which is a 32 kilometer long channel where water flows constantly into two giant lakes – Lake George and Lake Edward, make sure to catch the magical sunset.
Accommodation at Mweya Safari Lodge
The lodge has a variety of accommodation options; it has deluxe rooms with air-conditioning, suites and standard rooms without AC, “The Queen’s cottage”, “The Presidential cottage”, family cottages ( “The royal cottage” and “The Rwenzori cottage”) and luxury tents.
The standard single, double and twin rooms are comfortable with clean linen and in addition the rooms are well furnished. The rooms each have a private balcony with outdoor furniture where guests can sit and relax as they take in the beauty of Queen Elizabeth national park. Some of these rooms have views of Lake George, Lake Edward. The standard rooms do not have AC but have fans in case of hot weather, telephone for guests who are in need of room service and electronic safes where guests can store their valuables.
The deluxe rooms have the same facilities as in the Standard rooms and in addition they are all air conditioned. They offer guests extra comfort as they have ac units, king-size beds and enough light coming in to the room as their windows are large and offer great views of the kazinga channel.
The lodge’s suites have comfortable sofas which are great for relaxing at the end of the day and offer ideal accommodation if guests require more privacy and relaxation. The suites are exceptionally furnished and have wooden floors. Each suite features an en-suite bathroom, electronic safe, fan and a telephone. They also have a mini bar where guests can have refreshments. They top this up with great views of the Kazinga channel.
The Queen’s cottage is a fitting accommodation option for guests who desire comfort and exclusivity while on their Uganda safari. The cottage has a beautifully designed master bedroom with a king-sized bed, a bathroom en-suite, a twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a living room with comfortable furniture for guests to relax, a dining room, a mini bar, air conditioning, an electronic safe, a telephone, a dining room and kitchen facility. The Queen’s cottage offers guests breathtaking views of the kazinga channel and wildlife in Queen Elizabeth national park. The presidential cottage is more like the Queen’s cottage with luxurious amenities and magnificent views of the surroundings.
The lodge’s family cottages are ideal for families as they feature en-suite master bedrooms, twin bedrooms, living rooms , supply of tea and coffee service ,telephones and other amenities to make your stay during your Uganda safari very comfortable and relaxing.
The luxurious tents feature en-suite bathrooms, ceiling fans, dressing tables, work desks and showers. The tents also have comfortable and cozy lounge chairs on the balcony that offer exceptional views of the kazinga channel while on your Uganda safari.
Facilities and Services
The formal dining room offers guests local and international meals that are excellently prepared by the experienced chefs. The lodge’s veranda is also perfect for guests to have meals or guests can choose the dining room. The lodge offers barbeques on Saturday evenings.
- The lodge’s state of the art swimming pool is ideal for relaxation especially after the day’s activities. Be sure to order a cocktail from the pool bar and take a relaxing swim while at the lodge on your Uganda safari.
- The Tembo bar at the lodge is stocked with different kinds of wines and spirits. The bartender is available to take your orders and then you can have a perfect sundowner on the bar verandahs as you reminisce on the day.
- The business service Centre has access to the internet for you to keep updated with email and any other internet queries. Its open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm.
- The gift shop is worth visiting as it sells beautiful and stunning crafts which are mostly handmade and souvenirs like clothing and guide books. It’s the perfect place to pick something to take back home from your Ugandan safari.
- The lodge also offers conference facilities. With a fully equipped conference room guests who are on a business workshop or conference are well catered for with this facility.
- Situated 100 meters from the lodge gate, the Mweya information Centre provides information concerning the national park with its game, wildlife and rift valley surroundings.
- The lodge has a health club and spa for the guests.
- Bush breakfasts and dinners can also be arranged for the guests by the staff. The bush
- Game drives
- Launch cruise on Kazinga channel
- Chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura lodge
- Forest walk in Maramagambo forest
- Katwe explosion crater drive
- Tree – climbing lions of Ishasha sector
- Predator tracking
- Cultural and community encounters
- Visit to Pelican point
You can get to the lodge by road or by air.
If travelling by road Mweya safari lodge is approximately 420 km from Kampala, the capital city of Uganda. The journey takes 6 hours via Masaka road.
By air with the light- air craft flights, it takes about an hour and a half to the air field next to Mweya safari Lodge or Kasese air field.