This 1 day Gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda is designed for those who must see the mountain gorillas but are short of time for a longer safari because they are on a short business trip or attending a conference in Kigali.
The 2 hours’ drive from Kigali to Volcanoes National Park starts as early as 5 am to make it in time for the briefing at 7.00 am at he park headquarters. As you mingle with other enthusiastic trackers, enjoy the traditional dances and coffee. The ranger guide will divide you in groups and soon after briefing you start your journey into the virunga jungles. The different gorilla groups have unique home ranges, you are expected to drive out a bit before starting the trek. You are advised to take along a porter to help with your day pack and some of your gadgets, it is easy to think that you do not need one but they can be helpful if the gorillas nested further a way from your starting point.
Journey time – 2 hours
Meal plan – Lunch
- Gorilla permit
- Ground transport
- Bottled water in vehicle
- Service of an English speaking driver guide
- All mentioned activities except for the optional ones
- Tips to porters and driver/ guide
What to bring
- Wear long trouser and long sleeved tops
- Insect repellent
- Garden gloves
- Sun hut
- Rain jacket
- Waterproof hiking shoes
Gorilla trekking tips
- Warm clothing is advised especially the evenings and morning are chilly.
- Bring water along on your trek, eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated by your ranger guide.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash.
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.
- Mountain gorillas live at high altitude and this may cause difficulties for some visitors. You should pace yourself, walk slowly and drink plenty of water.
Multi-day Rwanda gorilla safaris
Contact us if you have an inquiry or to book now.